So how can Hillary win? These are the scenarios I can think of in order of best outcome to worst.
- She can win more pledged delegates. Based on current polling that path will close on the May 20th primaries in Oregon and Kentucky.
- Next up is Obama implodes ala Vitter, Craig or Spitzer. This is what super delegates are for.
- Now we're in dodgy territory. This is the "will of the voters" argument. Popular votes, primary votes and primary popular votes. In addition to this being a hard argument to sell, the numbers don't back it up.
- An even worse variation on "the will of the voters" is only counting voters if they live in big states or in blue states. Discounting voters based on ideology or geography.
- Lastly there's super delegate arm twisting.